INTERNATIONAL EQUITIES POISED TO PICK UP
US AND INTERNATIONAL EQUITIES AT INFLECTION POINTS
Since 2009, the U.S. stock market has gained over 250%, while the international market is up less than half that amount.
With economic momentum picking up in international markets, and earnings following suit, we may begin to see this gap start to close.
While this is good news, volatility will continue to be inherent in international markets, especially with geopolitical uncertainty such as North Korea and the upcoming Italian elections. That’s why it’s critical to utilize a solution that can help provide a smoother ride.
SEEKING A SMOOTHER RIDE
PERFORMED AS DESIGNED
LOWER VOLATILITY ON THE DOWNSIDE†
PERFORMANCE DATA (%)AS OF 6/30/18
|1 YEAR||3 YEAR||5 YEAR||Since Inception2|
|Market Price Returns||6.11%||6.05%||n/a||6.10%|
|Strategic Beta Index3||6.99%||6.45%||n/a||6.55%|
|Market Cap-Weighted Index4||7.04%||5.41%||n/a||5.50%|
|MSCI EAFC Index (net of foreign withholding taxes)||6.84%||4.90%||n/a||5.03%|
|S&P 500 Index||114.37%||11.93%||n/a||10.70%|
The performance quoted is past performance and is not a guarantee of future results. Investment returns and principal value of an investment will fluctuate so that an investor's shares, when sold or redeemed, may be worth more or less than original cost. Current performance may be higher or lower than the performance data shown. For performance current to the most recent month-end please call 1-844-4JPM-ETF.
ANNUAL OPERATING EXPENSES (%)AS OF 6/30/18
|Gross Expenses||Net Expenses|
The Fund’s adviser and/or its affiliates have contractually agreed to waive fees and/or reimburse expenses to the extent Total Annual Fund Operating Expenses (excluding acquired fund fees and expenses, dividend and interest expenses related to short sales, interest, taxes, expenses related to litigation and potential litigation and extraordinary expenses) exceed 0.43% of the average daily net assets. This waiver is in effect through 02/29/2020, at which time the adviser and/or its affiliates will determine whether to renew or revise it. The difference between net and gross fees includes all applicable fee waivers and expense reimbursements. Net expenses may include short dividend expense. See prospectus for details.1Total return assumes reinvestment of income.
2Inception date 11/5/14.RISK SUMMARY
- Investing involves risk, including possible loss of principal. Shares are bought and sold market price, and are not individually redeemed from a fund. Brokerage commissions will reduce returns.
- International investing involves a greater degree of risk and increased volatility. Changes in currency exchange rates and differences in accounting and taxation policies outside the U.S. can raise or lower returns. Also, some overseas markets may not be as politically and economically stable as the United States and other nations.
- Narrowly focused investments typically exhibit higher volatility
- Emerging markets involve heightened risks related to the same factors as well as increased volatility and decreased trading volume.
- A fund uses derivatives, which may be riskier than other types of investments and may increase the volatility of a fund.
- A fund may not track the return of its underlying index for a number of reasons, such operating expenses incurred by a fund that are not applicable to an index, and the time difference between calculating the value of an index and the net asset value of a fund.
- There is no guarantee the funds will meet their investment objective.
- Diversification may not protect against market loss
"FTSE®" is a trade mark of the London Stock Exchange Group companies and is used by FTSE International Limited under license. "Russell®" is a trade mark of Frank Russell Company ("FTSE Russell"). All rights in the JP Morgan Indexes (the "Index") vest in J.P. Morgan or its licensors. Neither FTSE Russell nor its licensors accept any liability for any errors or omissions in the Index or underlying data and no party may rely on any Index or underlying data contained in this communication. No use or distribution of the Index is permitted without J.P. Morgan's express written consent. FTSE Russell does not promote, sponsor or endorse the content of this communication.ENTITIES
©2018, Morningstar, Inc. All rights reserved. J.P. Morgan ETFs are distributed by JPMorgan Distribution Services, Inc., which is an affiliate of JPMorgan Chase & Co. Affiliates of JPMorgan Chase & Co. receive fees for providing various services to the funds. JPMorgan Distribution Services, Inc. is a member of FINRA. J.P. Morgan Asset Management is the marketing name for the asset management businesses of JPMorgan Chase & Co. Those businesses include, but are not limited to, J.P. Morgan Investment Management Inc., Security Capital Research & Management Incorporated and J.P. Morgan Alternative Asset Management, Inc.