How to Get Started on Investment Planning
J.P. Morgan Asset Management makes it easy for you to create your own investment plan to meet your financial goals. Simply follow these four easy steps and be on your way to investment success:
1. Know yourself
- What is your investment objective - saving for school fees, building a retirement fund, increasing your capital or preserving the wealth you already have?
- How much time do you have to reach your investment objective?
- Are you new to or very experienced in mutual fund or stock investments?
2. Choose funds to suit your needs
Once you've established your objectives, time frame and level of experience, select a portfolio of funds that best suit your investment needs, bearing in mind that:
- You should aim for a globally diversified portfolio. Diversification reduces risk because your money is spread across many different markets.
- You can mix money, bond and equity funds to suit your time frame and risk profile.
- If you are aiming for capital preservation or looking at a short-term investment, concentrate on money funds.
3. Open an account
MasterAccount application is now made easier – open your account online or schedule a face-to-face meeting with us for application:
Online account opening*
Face-to-face meeting by appointment at our office in Hong Kong
Email our Direct Sales Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Office Hours: 9:00am - 12:00pm and 2:00 - 6:00pm (Monday-Friday except public holidays)
*Applicable to personal account application only. For joint and corporate account application, please make an appointment with our Direct Sales Team by email.
4. Keep track of your investments
After your application has been accepted and your MasterAccount activated, you will be able to enjoy the online trading services and keep track of your investments via J.P. Morgan eTrading site.
You can keep track of your account and access investment information as follows:
- By internet - J.P. Morgan eTrading site
- By phone - J.P. Morgan InvestorLine (852) 2265 1188 (Opening Hours: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm, Mon – Fri) .