- Making time your friend and optimising compound interest;
- Investing continuously is key, avoid the tendency of wanting to time the market; and
- No single asset class can be an all-time winner, diversification could help manage risks.
The three ‘dos’ for long-term investing include:
- Do harness the power of time as it is important to start saving and investing early to optimize the benefits of compounding.
- Do invest regularly: instead of trying to time the market, it is more important to keep investing.
- Do diversify: Different assets have different characteristics and no single asset class can be an all-time winner. Diversified investment in multiple assets with different characteristics could help increase return potential in the long-term while managing risks.