THE MERCANTILE INVESTMENT TRUST PLC
Join our passion for discovering developing firms
The Mercantile Investment Trust plc focuses on identifying tomorrow’s market leaders, by targeting UK companies outside the FTSE 100 that have significant room for growth and are not recognised by other investors.
Why invest in the UK?
Guy Anderson, Fund Manager of The Mercantile Investment Trust plc discusses the opportunities and challenges of investing in the UK small and mid-cap market.
Some of the themes discussed include:
- Perception vs reality of investing in the UK
- Evolution of the UK market post Brexit
- UK Market trends
About this trust
- With assets over £2 billion and 130 years of experience, this is the leading UK equity trust*
- Focused on UK companies outside the FTSE 100, which have established track records and significant room for growth that is not yet recognised by other investors
- Bias to small and medium-sized businesses provides diversification to a portfolio focused on UK larger companies
Investment objective and policies
The Trust aims to achieve capital growth through investing in a diversified portfolio of UK medium and smaller companies. It pays quarterly dividends and aims to grow its dividend at least in line with inflation. The Company can hold up to 10% cash or utilise gearing of up to 20% of net assets where appropriate.
Points to consider
- The value of investments and the income from them can go down and up, and you may not get back as much as you paid in. Past performance is not a guide to the future.
- Investments in smaller companies may involve a higher degree of risk as these are usually more sensitive to price movements.
- External factors may cause an entire asset class to decline in value. Prices and values of all shares or all bonds could decline at the same time.
- This trust may utlilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
Month in review
Committee Terms Of Reference
Reports and Accounts
- 2018 Half Year Report
- 2018 Annual Report
- 2017 Half Year Report
- 2017 Annual Report
- 2016 Half Year Report
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2015 Half Year Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2014 Half Year Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2013 Half Year Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2012 Half Year Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2011 Half Year Report
- 2011 Annual Report
- 2010 Half Year Report
- 2010 Annual Report
- 2009 Half Year Report
- 2009 Annual Report
How to buy this trust
Buy from a third party provider
J.P. Morgan investment trusts and funds are available via a range of third party providers.
Third party providers
Buy from a professional adviser
Professional advisers are usually able to access the products of all the companies in the market and can help you find an investment that suits your individual circumstances. A financial adviser will let you know the fee for their service before you go ahead.
Investment is subject to documentation. The Investor Disclosure Document, and Key Features / Terms & Conditions can be obtained free of charge from JPMorgan Asset Management (UK) Limited, and the Key Information Document can be obtained from JPMorgan Funds Limited or www.jpmam.co.uk/investmenttrust. This communication is issued by JPMorgan Asset Management (UK) Limited, which is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England No: 01161446. Registered address: 25 Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London E14 5JP.
*Morningstar rating and FE Crown rating as at 01 October 2018.
FE Crown Fund Ratings © 2018 FE. All rights reserved.
Moneyfacts award as at: 17 November 2017. ©2017 Moneyfacts Group plc. All Rights Reserved.
Investment Week Investment Company of the Year awards as at: 22 November 2017. © Incisive Business Media (IP) Limited 2018. All rights reserved.
Money Observer Ratings: Moneywise Publishing Ltd ©2018. All rights reserved.
Moneywise Investment Trust awards as at: 28 March 2018. Moneywise Publishing Ltd ©2018. All Rights Reserved.
*Source: Association of Investment Companies, April 2018
Past performance is not a reliable indicator of current and future results.