JPMORGAN JAPAN SMALLER COMPANIES TRUST PLC
Targeting income without compromising on Japanese growth opportunities
JPMorgan Japan Smaller Companies Trust plc gives investors access to a diverse and fast growing sector managed by local managers. The Trust also offers a regular quarterly income without compromising on Japanese growth opportunities, by paying a higher dividend funded part by capital reserves as well as revenue returns.
About this trust
- Managed by a local team offering on-the-ground expertise and in-depth knowledge of local markets in what is a very under-researched market
- Approximately 2,000 Japanese company visits made each year by the local team
- Smaller companies in Japan is a diverse sector with strong growth potential, serving both local and global market needs
- Team focuses on good quality businesses with improved governance structures and opportunity for re-rating
- Access to a fast growing under researched market, with focus on businesses that reinvest to provide higher growth potential
Investment objective and policies
To produce long term capital growth through investment in small and medium sized Japanese companies alongside an attractive dividend, funded from revenue and capital returns. The Company pays quarterly dividends equivalent to 1% of its net asset value, set on the last business day of each financial quarter. Investment is permitted in Japanese quote companies other than the largest 200 measured by market capitalization. The Company has the ability to use borrowing to gear the portfolio and its current policy is to operate within the range of 5% net cash to 15% geared in normal market conditions.
Change to dividend policy as at 21 July 2018
The Company amended its distribution policy for the year commencing 1 April 2018. The Company pays quarterly dividends equivalent to 1% of its net asset value, set on the last business day of each financial quarter.
Points to consider
- The value of investments and the income from them can go down and up, and you may not get back as much as you paid in. Past performance is not a guide to the future.
- Exchange rate changes may cause the value of underlying overseas investments to go down as well as up.
- Investments in smaller companies may involve a higher degree of risk as these are usually more sensitive to price movements.
- External factors may cause an entire asset class to decline in value. Prices and values of all shares or all bonds could decline at the same time.
- This trust may utlilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
Month in review
Committee Terms Of Reference
Reports and Accounts
- 2018 Half Year Report
- 2018 Annual Report
- 2017 Half Year Report
- 2017 Annual Report
- 2016 Half Year Report
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2015 Half Year Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2014/15 Half Year Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2013 Half Year Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2012 Half Year Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2011 Half Year Report
- 2011 Annual Report
- 2010 Half Year Report
- 2010 Annual Report
- 2009 Half Year Report
- 2009 Annual Report
How to buy this trust
Buy from a third party provider
J.P. Morgan investment trusts and funds are available via a range of third party providers.
Third party providers
Buy from a professional adviser
Professional advisers are usually able to access the products of all the companies in the market and can help you find an investment that suits your individual circumstances. A financial adviser will let you know the fee for their service before you go ahead.
Investment is subject to documentation. The Investor Disclosure Document, and Key Features / Terms & Conditions can be obtained free of charge from JPMorgan Asset Management (UK) Limited, and the Key Information Document can be obtained from JPMorgan Funds Limited or www.jpmam.co.uk/investmenttrust. This communication is issued by JPMorgan Asset Management (UK) Limited, which is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England No: 01161446. Registered address: 25 Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London E14 5JP.
**FE Crown rating as at 01 December 2018.
FE Crown Fund Ratings © 2018 FE. All rights reserved.
Money Observer award as at 01 August 2017. © Copyright of Moneywise Publishing Limited 2017. All rights reserved.
Moneyfacts award as at: 17 October 2017. ©2017 Moneyfacts Group plc. All Rights Reserved.
Moneywise Investment Trust awards as at: 28 March 2018. Moneywise Publishing Ltd ©2018. All Rights Reserved.
Past performance is not a reliable indicator of current and future results.