About this trust
Investment objective and policies
Aims to provide capital growth from Indian investments by outperforming the MSCI India Index. The company will invest in a diversified portfolio of quoted Indian companies and companies that earn a material part of their revenues from India. The company will not invest in other countries of the Indian sub continent including Sri Lanka. The company has the ability to use borrowing to gear the portfolio to up to 15% of net assets where appropriate.
- The first and largest UK investment trust to focus purely on India. (AIC as at 30 April 2014).
- Managed by a dedicated team within a 75-strong pacific regional group. (J.P. Morgan as at 31 May 2014)
- Strong focus on first-hand company visits and research to discover attractively-valued stocks.
The value of investments and the income from them can go down and up, and you may not get back as much as you paid in. Past performance is not a guide to the future.
For further risks associated with this trust please refer to the 'Risks' section below.
Points to consider
- Exchange rate changes may cause the value of underlying overseas investments to go down as well as up.
- Investments in emerging markets may involve a higher element of risk due to political and economic instability and underdeveloped markets and systems. Shares may also be traded less frequently than those on established markets. This means that there may be difficulty in both buying and selling shares and individual share prices may be subject to short-term price fluctuations.
- External factors may cause an entire asset class to decline in value. Prices and values of all shares or all bonds could decline at the same time.
- This trust may utlilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
- This trust may also invest in smaller companies which may increase its risk profile.
In their words (as of )
Committee Terms Of Reference
Annual General Meeting
Reports and Accounts
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2015/16 Half Year Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2014/15 Half Year Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2013/14 Half Year Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2013 Half Year Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2012 Half Year Report
- 2011 Annual Report
- 2011 Half Year Report
- 2010 Annual Report
- 2010 Half Year Report
- 2009 Annual Report
- 2009 Half Year Report
Find out more
For contact details and more information on our trust range use the following links:
Annual General Meeting: 01 February 2017 12 noon at 60 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0JP