JPMORGAN INDIAN INVESTMENT TRUST PLC
Invest in vibrant India
JPMorgan Indian Investment Trust plc is the largest Indian trust to focus purely on Indian companies, providing access to India’s long-term growth potential through locally based investment expertise.
Why invest in Emerging Markets?
Emily Whiting, Client Portfolio Manager, discusses the opportunities and challenges of investing in Emerging Markets.
Some of the themes discussed include:
- How the rise of technology, frontier markets and consumerism is changing the emerging markets
- Finding the right emerging market opportunities
- What happens when an emerging market emerges
About this trust
Investment objective and policies
Aims to provide capital growth from Indian investments by outperforming the MSCI India Index. The company will invest in a diversified portfolio of quoted Indian companies and companies that earn a material part of their revenues from India. The company will not invest in other countries of the Indian sub continent including Sri Lanka. The company has the ability to use borrowing to gear the portfolio to up to 15% of net assets where appropriate.
- The first and largest UK investment trust to focus purely on India. (AIC as at 28 February 2017).
- Managed by a dedicated team within the wider Emerging Markets and Asia Pacific Equities team.
- Strong focus on first-hand company visits and research to discover attractively-valued stocks.
The value of investments and the income from them can go down and up, and you may not get back as much as you paid in. Past performance is not a guide to the future.
For further risks associated with this trust please refer to the 'Risks' section below.
Points to consider
- Exchange rate changes may cause the value of underlying overseas investments to go down as well as up.
- Investments in emerging markets may involve a higher element of risk due to political and economic instability and underdeveloped markets and systems. Shares may also be traded less frequently than those on established markets. This means that there may be difficulty in both buying and selling shares and individual share prices may be subject to short-term price fluctuations.
- External factors may cause an entire asset class to decline in value. Prices and values of all shares or all bonds could decline at the same time.
- This trust may utlilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
- This trust may also invest in smaller companies which may increase its risk profile.
In their words (as of 31 Oct 2017)
Committee Terms Of Reference
Annual General Meeting
Reports and Accounts
- 2016/17 half year report
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2015/16 Half Year Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2014/15 Half Year Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2013/14 Half Year Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2013 Half Year Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2012 Half Year Report
- 2011 Annual Report
- 2011 Half Year Report
- 2010 Annual Report
- 2010 Half Year Report
- 2009 Annual Report
- 2009 Half Year Report
Find out more
For contact details and more information on our trust range use the following links:
This is a promotional page and as such the views contained herein are not to be taken as advice or recommendation to buy or sell any investment or interest thereto. Reliance upon information in this material is at the sole discretion of the reader. Any research on this page has been obtained and may have been acted upon by J.P. Morgan Asset Management for its own purpose. The results of such research are being made available as additional information and do not necessarily reflect the views of J.P. Morgan Asset Management. Any forecasts, figures, opinions, statements of financial market trends or investment techniques and strategies expressed are unless otherwise stated, J.P. Morgan Asset Management’s at the date of publishing. They are considered to be reliable at the time of publishing, may not necessarily be all-inclusive and are not guaranteed as to accuracy. They may be subject to change without reference or notification to you.
It should be noted that the value of investments and the income from them may fluctuate in accordance with market conditions and taxation agreements and investors may not get back the full amount invested. Changes in exchange rates may have an adverse effect on the value, price or income of the products or underlying overseas investments. Past performance is not a reliable indicator to current and future results. There is no guarantee that any forecast made will come to pass. Furthermore, whilst it is the intention to achieve the investment objective of the investment products, there can be no assurance that those objectives will be met.
Investment is subject to documentation (Investor Disclosure Document, Key Features and Terms and Conditions), copies of which can be obtained free of charge from JPMorgan Asset Management Marketing Limited. Issued by JPMorgan Asset Management Marketing Limited which is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England No: 288553. Registered address: 25 Bank St, Canary Wharf, London E14 5JP.
FE Crown rating as at 01 November 2017.
Source: Morningstar (www.morningstar.co.uk)
Morningstar Ratings™: © 2017 Morningstar. All rights reserved.
FE Crown Fund Ratings © 2017 FE. All rights reserved.
Moneyfacts award as at: 17 November 2017. ©2017 Moneyfacts Group plc. All Rights Reserved.
© 2017 citywire.co.uk. All Rights Reserved.