JPMorgan Global Emerging Markets Income Trust plc
The only investment trust which provides investors with a dividend income combined with the potential for long-term capital growth from investing in a diversified portfolio of emerging markets investments.
About this trust
Investment objective and policies
Aims to provide a dividend income, together with the potential for long-term capital growth from Emerging Markets investments by outperformance of the MSCI Emerging Markets Index. The company will predominantly invest in quoted companies although, where appropriate, it may invest in other types of securities. The company has the ability to use borrowing to gear the portfolio to up to 20% of net assets where appropriate
- Investment objective to deliver a combination of capital growth and a diversified source of income.
- The Company predominantly invests in listed equities but has the flexibility to invest in other types of investment, including, but not limited to, unlisted equities, convertible securities, preference shares, debt securities, cash and cash equivalents.
- The Company is free to invest in any particular market, sector or country in the Global Emerging Markets universe.
The value of investments and the income from them can go down and up, and you may not get back as much as you paid in. Past performance is not a guide to the future.
For further risks associated with this trust please refer to the 'Risks' section below.
Points to consider
- Exchange rate changes may cause the value of underlying overseas investments to go down as well as up.
- Investments in emerging markets may involve a higher element of risk due to political and economic instability and underdeveloped markets and systems. Shares may also be traded less frequently than those on established markets. This means that there may be difficulty in both buying and selling shares and individual share prices may be subject to short-term price fluctuations.
- This trust may invest in non investment grade bonds which increases the capital risk and have an adverse effect on the performance of funds which invest in them.
- Where permitted, a trust may invest in other investment trusts that utilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
- For income funds/shares - Dividend income is not guaranteed and will fluctuate.
- Investing in high yielding stocks may involve a higher degree of risk as high yields are not guaranteed and will fluctuate.
- External factors may cause an entire asset class to decline in value. Prices and values of all shares or all bonds could decline at the same time.
- This trust may utlilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
- This trust may also invest in smaller companies which may increase its risk profile.
In their words (as of 30 Sep 2016)
Committee Terms Of Reference
Annual General Meeting
Find out more
You can get in touch by phone and email or view frequently asked questions.
Annual General Meeting: 24 November 2016 2.00 p.m., 60 Victoria Embankment, London EC4 OJP
*Morningstar Analyst rating as at 01 August 2016.
Morningstar rating based on ordinary shares, as at August 2016.
Morningstar RatingsTM: © 2016 Morningstar. All rights reserved.
The methodology and calculations used by the companies or organisations that provide the fund or fund manager awards and ratings are not verified by J.P. Morgan Asset Management and therefore we are unable to accept responsibility for their accuracy. Ratings and awards should not be relied upon for making an investment decision. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. The value of investments and the income from them may fall as well as rise and investors may not get back the full amount invested. Investment is subject to documentation (Prospectus, Key Investor Information Document (KIID) and Key Features and Terms and Conditions). Issued by JPMorgan Asset Management Marketing Limited which is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England No: 288553. Registered address: 25 Bank St, Canary Wharf, London E14 5JP.