JPMorgan European Smaller Companies Trust plc
The JPMorgan European Smaller Companies Trust plc is one of the few investment trusts to focus on the European smaller companies market – allowing investors to share in the growth potential of an exciting asset class through a disciplined investment strategy managed by an experienced and longstanding team.
About this trust
Investment objective and policies
- One of only a few trusts to focus on smaller European companies.
- Aims to invest in both undervalued companies and growth companies to achieve strong returns throughout the cycle.
- Managed by J.P. Morgan's highly-respected European Equity Group.
- The value of investments and the income from them can go down and up, and you may not get back as much as you paid in. Past performance is not a guide to the future.
- For further risks associated with this trust please refer to the 'Risks' section below.
Points to Consider
- Exchange rate changes may cause the value of underlying overseas investments to go down as well as up.
- Investments in smaller companies may involve a higher degree of risk as these are usually more sensitive to price movements.
- External factors may cause an entire asset class to decline in value. Prices and values of all shares or all bonds could decline at the same time.
- This trust may utlilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
In their words (as of 31 Jul 2016)
We retain our positive economic outlook for Europe due to a strong second-quarter earnings season, rising Citi economic surprise indices globally and stable peripheral bond spreads.
- Investment Trust Profiles
- Monthly Factsheet
- J.P. Morgan Asset Management Corporate Governance Policy
- Investor Disclosure Document
- Shareholder Circular
- Full portfolio listing as at close of business as at 31st of August 2016
- LSE Trust Announcements
- Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIMFD) Disclosure
- JPMorgan's Statement on Human Rights
Annual General Meeting
Reports and Accounts
Find out more
You can get in touch by phone and email or view frequently asked questions.
Annual General Meeting: 11 July 2017 12 noon at 60 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0JP
*Morningstar rating based on the A Net (Acc) GBP share class, as at August 2016.
Morningstar RatingsTM: © 2016 Morningstar. All rights reserved.
The methodology and calculations used by the companies or organisations that provide the fund or fund manager awards and ratings are not verified by J.P. Morgan Asset Management and therefore we are unable to accept responsibility for their accuracy. Ratings and awards should not be relied upon for making an investment decision. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. The value of investments and the income from them may fall as well as rise and investors may not get back the full amount invested. Investment is subject to documentation (Prospectus, Key Investor Information Document (KIID) and Key Features and Terms and Conditions). Issued by JPMorgan Asset Management Marketing Limited which is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England No: 288553. Registered address: 25 Bank St, Canary Wharf, London E14 5JP.