JPMorgan Emerging Markets Investment Trust plc
JPMorgan Emerging Markets Investment Trust plc provides investors with access to some of the world’s most attractive investment opportunities, benefiting from the considerable experience and local knowledge of one of the longest established emerging market teams in the industry.
About this trust
Investment objective and policies
This Trust aims to achieve total return from Emerging Markets worldwide and provides investors with a diversified portfolio of shares in countries and sectors we believe offer the most attractive opportunities for growth. The Company can hold up to 10% cash or utilise gearing of up to 20% of net assets where appropriate.
- Draws on a global network of 40 emerging market specialists across Asia, Latin America, Eastern Europe and Africa.
- Disciplined approach to portfolio construction to maximise growth potential.
- Concentrated portfolio of 50-75 stocks focuses on best ideas.
- Aims to achieve strong long-term out performance against benchmark through both macro market selection and rigorous stock selection.
- The value of investments and the income from them can go down and up, and you may not get back as much as you paid in. Past performance is not a guide to the future.
- For further risks associated with this trust please refer to the 'Risks' section below.
Points to consider
- Exchange rate changes may cause the value of underlying overseas investments to go down as well as up.
- Investments in emerging markets may involve a higher element of risk due to political and economic instability and underdeveloped markets and systems. Shares may also be traded less frequently than those on established markets. This means that there may be difficulty in both buying and selling shares and individual share prices may be subject to short-term price fluctuations.
- This trust may invest in non investment grade bonds, which increases the capital risk and may have an adverse effect on the performance of funds which invest in them.
- Where permitted, a trust may invest in other investment trusts that utilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
- External factors may cause an entire asset class to decline in value. Prices and values of all shares or all bonds could decline at the same time.
- This trust may utlilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
- This trust may also invest in smaller companies which may increase its risk profile.
Board of Directors
In their words (as of )
Annual General Meeting
Reports and Accounts
- 2016/17 Half Year Report
- 2016 Annual report
- 2015/16 Half Year Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2014/15 Half Year Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2013/14 Half Year Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2012/13 Half Year Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2011/12 Half Year Report
- 2011 Annual Report
- 2010 Half Year Report
- 2010 Annual Report
- 2009 Half Year Report
- 2009 Annual Report
Find out more
For contact details and more information on our trust range use the following links:
Annual General Meeting: 09 November 2017 3.00pm, location TBC