Dedicated support for insurance investors
Partnering with our Global Insurance Solutions business provides access to our specialist team of insurance investors, strategists, client advisers and client service professionals, giving you the ability to customise investment strategies while benefiting from expert support on the issues most relevant to you.
Dedicated insurance professionals
Insurance assets under managementFind out more
A diverse business across asset class, region and insurer type
$212bn in general account assets (see chart below) $84bn in sub-advisory assets
Asset growth over last 6 years from existing clients
Staff focusing on insurance
Staff previously worked at insurers
Americas includes: Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands, the United States and Latin America. EMEA includes: Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. Asia-Pacific includes: Australia, China, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, and Taiwan
Specialist insurance expertise
We offer 360-degree servicing for insurance investors by working in partnership across four key areas: portfolio management; strategy and analytics; client advisory and account management; and accounting and reporting.
Access the expertise of experienced multi-sector insurance portfolio managers and get up-to-date market and strategy-specific information and direct communication with portfolio mandates.
Gain perspective from insurance-specific strategic asset allocation recommendations and in-depth peer analyses, as well as asset liability and multi-entity capital optimisation analysis.
Client advisory and
Benefit from complex client service solutions, industry perspective, consultative and problem-solving advice, and in-depth product knowledge, and stay abreast of compelling product offerings and industry developments.
Capitalise on comprehensive insurance accounting and regulatory reporting capabilities, including publications on important regulatory developments, and investment reporting that is compliant with insurance accounting.
Our global investment platform provides customized solutions across asset
including fixed income portfolios, equity-based strategies and alternative investments tailored
Each investment with J.P. Morgan Asset Management is backed by comprehensive accounting, risk and performance reporting required for insurance regulatory disclosure.
Strategy and analytics
Multi-disciplined team located across the US, UK, Europe and Asia
- Deep knowledge of relevant TARC considerations in all major insurance markets
- Ability to model regulatory and rating agency capital and accounting volatility for varying asset allocations
- Estimate impact of changes to TARC and provide guidance to insurers on how to respond to TARC changes
- Advice on appropriate investment structure to achieve TARC goals
- Understanding of insurance liability variability and market sensitivity
- Asset allocation analysis that accounts for all major factors that constrain insurers
- Assumptions and methods for SAA, TAA as well as CUSIP level repositioning
- Industry leading analysis of US Statutory data leverages J.P. Morgan data on public and private assets
- Scalable analysis of GAAP/IFRS financials
- Assess portfolios related to companies targeted for acquisition or reinsurance deals
- Historical and forward looking stress testing and impact on insurance specific metrics
- Integration of asset and liability risks
- Stress test impact to economic, accounting and capital metrics
- Timely updates on industry trends and developments
- Huge number of client meetings ensures we have relevant insights and industry colour
Source: J.P Morgan Asset Management as of September 2022
Client Advisory and Account Management
- Fully integrated approach to serve insurance clients
- We have a dedicated team of over 70 professionals who work closely with insurers as strategic partners
- We understand the insurance business, including your unique investment objectives and constraints
- We have a comprehensive understanding of insurers’ challenges, including asset-liability management, regulatory, tax and accounting issues
Client account management
- We are the main service contact for administrative, operational and legal items
- We manage complex solutions for the life cycle of the client and partner with your JPMAM coverage team to provide best-in-class client service
Accounting and Reporting
Our comprehensive approach to accounting and reporting provides solutions to common challenges, allowing insurers to aggregate data, receive timely and reliable information and easily see the accounting impact of their investments, while providing access to a scalable that avoids spreadsheet dependency.
- Enriched data from multiple asset manager(s), custodians, vendors and other third parties
- Increased operational efficiencies that impacts investment analysis, exposures, and decisions
- Valuable for risk analytics and guideline compliance combined across multiple managers
- Increased granularity of investment data can improve compliance testing and transparency
- Multiple basis of accounting (STAT, Local GAAP, IFRS, etc.) necessitates flexible reporting
- Scalable for firms with multiple business lines and/or global operations
- Daily, real-time investment information, as opposed to receiving monthly reports
- Decreases lengthy manual reconciliations, which ties up valuable resources
- Assist clients with the complexities of multi-basis accounting (STAT, Local GAAP, IFRS, etc.) for traditional and non-traditional asset types
- Provide regular insights and views on constantly evolving accounting guidance and developments that will impact your investments
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”); Statutory Accounting Principles (“STAT”), International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”)
Strategy and analytics insights
Building better carbon transition fixed income portfolios
We highlight J.P. Morgan Asset Management’s unique active management approach to a carbon transition investment framework for fixed income assets, that is capable of harvesting opportunities while also reducing the risks involved in the transition to a low-carbon world.
Accounting and regulation insights
Contact the insurance client advisory team
For further details about this analysis or for additional strategy & analytics inquiries Insurance_Strategy_and_Analytics@jpmorgan.com