Guide to China 3Q 2021
China is now home to the second largest economy and capital markets in the world, with its weight in global portfolios set to rise further in the decade ahead. A clear understanding of China is key to taking advantage of the growth, income and diversification benefits Chinese markets can provide, while also avoiding the pitfalls of investing in more inefficient areas. Key questions for the quarter ahead include:
- Can the pandemic still derail China’s expansion?
- Is the expected consumer recovery gaining steam?
- Has policy normalization gone too far?
- What is China’s ultimate goal with the recently announced regulations?
- Is the China investment thesis still alive and well?
- How can investors balance the risks and opportunities of ESG considerations when investing in China?