Geopolitical uncertainties are weighing on global growth and the investment outlook. Investors should aim to stay invested and manage market volatility by seeking balance and diversification2 in their portfolios.
Be flexible, seek income and tap into long-term investment themes to help build stronger portfolios.
1. For illustrative purposes only based on current market conditions, subject to change from time to time. Not all investments are suitable for all investors. Exact allocation of portfolio depends on each individual’s circumstance and market conditions.
2. Diversification does not guarantee investment return and does not eliminate the risk of loss.
3. Source: Bloomberg Finance L.P., Dow Jones, FactSet, MSCI, Standard & Poor’s, J.P. Morgan Asset Management. US dollar total return calculations are based on MSCI Total Return, Bloomberg Barclays and J.P. Morgan indices. AxJ stands for MSCI AC Asia ex-Japan; APxJ stands for MSCI AC Asia Pacific ex-Japan; DM stands for developed markets; EM stands for emerging markets; EMD stands for emerging market debt; HD stands for high dividend; REITs stand for real estate investment trusts. *Monthly total returns between 31.10.2004 and 31.10.2019 used for all asset classes. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of current and future results. Data reflect most recently available as of 31.10.2019.
4. Source: FactSet, various central banks, International Monetary Fund, J.P. Morgan Asset Management. Average annual real deposit rate is based on respective market’s deposit rate less year-over-year inflation. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of current and future results. Data reflect most recently available as of 30.09.2019.
5. Source: FactSet, MSCI, J.P. Morgan Asset Management. Among the constituents of MSCI AC World Index, there are 342 companies in Asia Pacific ex-Japan yielding greater than 3%. The numbers for Europe, Emerging Market ex-Asia, US and Japan are 221, 158, 146 and 107, respectively. Positive yield does not imply positive return. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of current and future results. Data reflect most recently available as of 30.09.2019.
6. Source: Alerian, Bank of America, Bloomberg Finance L.P., Clarkson, Drewry Maritime Consultants, FactSet, Federal Reserve, FTSE, MSCI, NCREIF, Standard & Poor’s, J.P. Morgan Asset Management. Global Transport: Levered yields for transport assets are calculated as the difference between charter rates (rental income), operating expenses, debt amortization and interest expenses, as a percentage of equity value. Yields for each of the sub-vessel types above are calculated and respective weightings are applied to each of the sub-sectors to arrive at the current levered yields for Global Transportation; asset classes are based on NCREIF ODCE (Private Real Estate), FTSE NAREIT Global/USA REITs (Global/US REITs), MSCI Global Infrastructure Asset Index (Infrastructure Assets), Bloomberg Barclays US Convertibles Composite (Convertibles), Bloomberg Barclays Global High Yield Index (Global HY bonds), J.P. Morgan Government Bond Index EM Global (GBI-EM) (Local EMD), J.P. Morgan Emerging Market Bond Index Global (EMBIG) (USD EMD), J.P. Morgan Asia Credit Index Non-investment Grade (Asia HY bonds), MSCI Emerging Markets (EM Equity), MSCI Emerging Markets High Dividend Yield Index (EM High Div. Equity), MSCI World High Dividend Yield Index (DM High Div. Equity), MSCI Europe (Eur. Equity), MSCI USA (US Equity). Transport yield is as of 30.06.2019, Infrastructure 30.06.2019, EM High Div. Equity and DM High Div. Equity 31.10.2019. DM stands for developed markets; EM stands for emerging markets; high div. equity stands for high dividend equity; HY stands for high yield. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of current and future results. Data reflect most recently available as of 31.10.2019.
Investment involves risk. Not all investments are suitable for all investors. Investors should consult professional advice before investing. Investments are not similar to or comparable with fixed deposits. It does not constitute investment advice and it should not be treated as an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any fund, security, investment product or service. The information contained herein does not constitute J.P. Morgan research and should not be treated as such. The material was prepared without regard to specific objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular receiver. The opinions and views expressed here are as of the date of this publication, which are subject to change and are not to be construed as investment advice. This advertisement or publication has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Issued by JPMorgan Asset Management (Singapore) Limited (Co. Reg. No. 197601586K). All rights reserved.