The Mercantile Investment Trust plc
Discovering developing firms is our passion. The trust aims to provide capital and income growth through a portfolio of UK medium and small company stocks by targeting only the most attractive companies identified by our rigorous investment research process.
About this trust
Investment objective and policies
The Trust aims to achieve capital growth through investing in a diversified portfolio of UK medium and smaller companies. It pays quarterly dividends and aims to grow its dividend at least in line with inflation. The Company can hold up to 10% cash or utilise gearing of up to 20% of net assets where appropriate.
- The leading UK equity trust with assets over £2 billion and 130 years of experience
- Focuses on UK companies outside the FTSE 100, which have established track records and significant room for growth
- An experienced management team who, supported by experienced researchers and analysts, combine vision and expertise to seek out success stories from this dynamic area of the stock market
- Long-term record of quarterly dividend payments to shareholders
The value of investments and the income from them can go down and up, and you may not get back as much as you paid in. Past performance is not a guide to the future.
For further risks associated with this trust please refer to the 'Risks' section below.
Points to consider
- Investments in smaller companies may involve a higher degree of risk as these are usually more sensitive to price movements.
- External factors may cause an entire asset class to decline in value. Prices and values of all shares or all bonds could decline at the same time.
- This trust may utlilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
In their words (as of 31 Oct 2016)
Annual General Meeting
Reports and Accounts
- 2016 Half Year Report
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2015 Half Year Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2014 Half Year Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2013 Half Year Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2012 Half Year Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2011 Half Year Report
- 2011 Annual Report
- 2010 Half Year Report
- 2010 Annual Report
- 2009 Half Year Report
- 2009 Annual Report
- Mercantile historical reports
Find out more
You can get in touch by phone and email or view frequently asked questions.
Annual General Meeting: 24 May 2017, 12 noon, Trinity House, Tower Hill, London EC3N 4DH