JPMorgan US Smaller Companies Investment Trust plc
This trust uses the stock-picking credentials of our US based investment team to invest in well-run companies with attractive and sustainable profits from the potentially faster growing smaller companies segment of the US stock market.
About this trust
Investment objective and policies
The Company aims to provide investors with capital growth by investing in US smaller companies that have a sustainable competitive advantage and to focus on owning equity stakes in businesses that trade at a discount to their intrinsic value, with strong management teams. The company has the ability to use borrowing to gear the portfolio to up to 15% of net assets where appropriate.
- The portfolio is a product of the investment team's fundamental research investment approach and disciplined portfolio construction.
- Aims to invest in companies that have a sustainable competitive advantage and are run by competent management teams who have a record of success and are good stewards of capital.
- Focuses on owning companies that are trading at discount to their valuation.
The value of investments and the income from them can go down and up, and you may not get back as much as you paid in. Past performance is not a guide to the future.
For further risks associated with this trust please refer to the 'Risks' section below.
Points to consider
- Exchange rate changes may cause the value of underlying overseas investments to go down as well as up.
- Investments in smaller companies may involve a higher degree of risk as these are usually more sensitive to price movements.
- External factors may cause an entire asset class to decline in value. Prices and values of all shares or all bonds could decline at the same time.
- This trust may utlilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
In their words (as of 30 Sep 2016)
Committee Terms Of Reference
Annual General Meeting
Reports and Accounts
- 2016 Half Year Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2015 Half Year Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2014 Half Year Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2013 Half Year Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2012 Half Year Report
- 2011 Annual Report
- 2011 Half Year Report
- 2010 Annual Report
- 2010 Half Year Report
- 2009 Annual Report
- 2009 Half Year Report
- 2016 Annual Report
Find out more
You can get in touch by phone and email or view frequently asked questions.
Annual General Meeting: 26 April 2017 2.30pm at 60 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0JP