JPMorgan Smaller Companies Investment Trust plc
This trust aims to give investors access to the fast growing, innovative smaller companies that help drive the UK domestic economy. The trust is managed by a team dedicated to finding the most attractive high quality UK-listed smaller companies.
About this trust
Investment objective and policies
Aims to provide capital growth from investing in UK smaller companies by outperformance of the FTSE Small Cap Index. The company will predominantly invest in quoted UK small companies from the FTSE Small Cap Index, although where appropriate, it may invest in similar sized UK companies listed on the Alternative Investment Market which is the London Stock Exchange market for smaller, growing companies. The company has the ability to use borrowing to gear the portfolio within the range of 10% net cash to 15% geared in normal market conditions.
- Distinctive investment process that focuses on stock characteristics.
- Can include fledgeling and AIM stocks to boost returns.
- Managed by dedicated smaller company experts in JPMorgan's highly-respected European Equity Group.
- Tight controls to manage the risks of smaller company investing.
The value of investments and the income from them can go down and up, and you may not get back as much as you paid in. Past performance is not a guide to the future.
For further risks associated with this trust please refer to the 'Risks' section below.
Points to consider
- Investments in smaller companies may involve a higher degree of risk as these are usually more sensitive to price movements.
- Where permitted, a trust may invest in other investment trusts that utilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
- External factors may cause an entire asset class to decline in value. Prices and values of all shares or all bonds could decline at the same time.
- This trust may utlilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
In their words (as of 31 Aug 2016)
Committee Terms Of Reference
Annual General Meeting
Reports and Accounts
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2016 Half Year Report
- 2015/16 Half Year Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2014/15 Half Year Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2013/14 Half Year Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2012/13 Half Year Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2012 Half Year Report
- 2011 Annual Report
- 2011 Half Year Report
- 2010 Annual Report
- 2010 Half Year Report
- 2009 Annual Report
Find out more
You can get in touch by phone and email or view frequently asked questions.
Annual General Meeting: 29 November 2016 3.00 p.m., location TBC