JPMORGAN RUSSIAN SECURITIES PLC
Uncover the value in Russian equities
JPMorgan Russian Securities plc is the only investment trust providing pure exposure to the ongoing transformation of the Russian economy. The trust is managed by a dedicated team with first-hand knowledge of this complex, under researched market
Why invest in Emerging Markets?
Emily Whiting, Client Portfolio Manager, discusses the opportunities and challenges of investing in Emerging Markets.
Some of the themes discussed include:
- How the rise of technology, frontier markets and consumerism is changing the emerging markets
- Finding the right emerging market opportunities
- What happens when an emerging market emerges
About this trust
- Native Russian fund manager, with first-hand knowledge of this complex and under researched market supported by one of the longest established emerging market teams in the industry.
- A balanced portfolio of stocks from across the Russian market, with a focus on companies that demonstrate the best long-term growth opportunities
- Provides access to the ongoing transformation of the Russian economy, with improvements in corporate behaviour and governance
Investment objective and policies
The company aims to provide shareholders with capital growth from investment in a diversified portfolio of investments primarily in quoted Russian companies or other companies which operate principally in Russia. The company may also invest up to 10% of its gross assets in companies that operate or are located in former Soviet Union republics. The company has the ability to use borrowing to gear the portfolio within the range of 10% net cash to 15% geared in normal market conditions.
Points to consider
- The value of investments and the income from them can go down and up, and you may not get back as much as you paid in. Past performance is not a guide to the future.
- Exchange rate changes may cause the value of underlying overseas investments to go down as well as up.
- Investments in emerging markets may involve a higher element of risk due to political and economic instability and underdeveloped markets and systems. Shares may also be traded less frequently than those on established markets. This means that there may be difficulty in both buying and selling shares and individual share prices may be subject to short-term price fluctuations.
- The fund typically invests in a concentrated portfolio of investments and should a particular investment decline in value, this will have a pronounced effect on the overall value of the fund.
- External factors may cause an entire asset class to decline in value. Prices and values of all shares or all bonds could decline at the same time.
- This trust may utlilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
- This trust may also invest in smaller companies which may increase its risk profile.
In their words (as of 31 Jan 2018)
- Sanctions Announcement – April 2018
- Complete NAV summary as at 31 March 2018
- Full portfolio listing as at close of business as at 28 February 2018
- Monthly Factsheet
- Investor Disclosure Document
- Sanctions Announcement – July 2014
- LSE Trust Announcements
- LSE Announcement containing inside information. Released on 4th January 2017
- AIFMD Remuneration Disclosure
Committee Terms Of Reference
Reports and Accounts
- 2017 Annual Report
- 2017 Half Year Report
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2016 Half Year Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2014/15 Half Year Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2014 Half Year Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2013 Half Year Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2012 Half Year Report
- 2011 Annual Report
- 2011 Half Year Report
- 2010 Annual Report
- 2010 Half Year Report
- 2009 Annual Report
- 2009 Half Year Report
How to buy this trust
Buy from a third party provider
J.P. Morgan investment trusts and funds are available via a range of third party providers.
Third party providers
Buy from a professional adviser
Professional advisers are usually able to access the products of all the companies in the market and can help you find an investment that suits your individual circumstances. A financial adviser will let you know the fee for their service before you go ahead.
Find out more
For contact details and more information on our trust range use the following links:
Investment is subject to documentation. The Investor Disclosure Document, and Key Features / Terms & Conditions can be obtained free of charge from JPMorgan Asset Management (UK) Limited, and the Key Information Document can be obtained from JPMorgan Funds Limited or www.jpmam.co.uk/investmenttrust. This communication is issued by JPMorgan Asset Management (UK) Limited, which is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England No: 01161446. Registered address: 25 Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London E14 5JP.
Moneyfacts award as at: 17 November 2017. ©2017 Moneyfacts Group plc. All Rights Reserved.