About this trust
Investment objective and policies
To provide superior capital growth and outperform the MSCI All Country World Index over the long-term by investing in companies based around the world. The manager is focused on building a high conviction portfolio of typically 50 - 90 stocks, drawing on an investment process underpinned by fundamental research. Portfolio construction is driven by bottom-up stock selection rather than geographical or sector allocation. Currency exposure is predominantly hedged back towards the benchmark. The Company uses borrowing to gear the portfolio within a range of 5% cash to 20 geared under normal market conditions. The Company will repurchase its shares with the aim of maintaining an average discount of around 5% calculated with debt at par value.
- Conviction based management style identifying companies with attractive valuation and growth potential where an identifiable catalyst gives a compelling timeline for investment.
- Proprietary local analysis provided by an award winning, experienced and focused global research team.
- Portfolio structured by sector not region to identify 'best-in-class' companies.
The value of investments and the income from them can go down and up, and you may not get back as much as you paid in. Past performance is not a guide to the future.
For further risks associated with this trust please refer to the 'Risks' section below.
Points to consider
- Exchange rate changes may cause the value of underlying overseas investments to go down as well as up.
- Investments in emerging markets may involve a higher element of risk due to political and economic instability and underdeveloped markets and systems. Shares may also be traded less frequently than those on established markets. This means that there may be difficulty in both buying and selling shares and individual share prices may be subject to short-term price fluctuations.
- Where permitted, a trust may invest in other investment trusts that utilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
- This fund may use derivatives for investment purposes or for efficient portfolio management.
- External factors may cause an entire asset class to decline in value. Prices and values of all shares or all bonds could decline at the same time.
- This trust may utlilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
- This trust may also invest in smaller companies which may increase its risk profile.
In their words (as of )
Annual General Meeting
Find out more
For contact details and more information on our trust range use the following links:
Annual General Meeting: 25 October 2017 2.30pm, location TBC