JPMORGAN JAPANESE INVESTMENT TRUST PLC
Invest in the next generation of Japanese ideas
JPMorgan Japanese Investment Trust plc benefits from our expertise gained as one of Japan’s leading foreign asset managers, with over 40 years’ experience in seeking out attractively valued Japanese investment themes and companies.
Why invest in Japan?
Nicholas Weindling, Fund Manager of JPMorgan Japanese Investment Trust plc discusses the opportunities and challenges of investing in Japan.
Some of the themes discussed include:
- Japan market trends
- Changing demographics of consumers
- Importance of having a Tokyo presence
About this trust
- Expertise: Managed by a local team that has both knowledge and long standing experience of seeking the most attractively valued Japanese investment themes and companies in an under researched market
- Portfolio: Focused on making long-term investments in innovative Japanese companies with strong future growth prospects
- Results: Provides exposure to a changing Japan, with exposure to new products, technologies and markets that are often overlooked by UK investors
Investment objective and policies
Aims to produce capital growth from a portfolio of Japanese equities. The company has the ability to use borrowing to gear the portfolio within the range of 5% net cash to 15% geared in normal market conditions.
Points to consider
- The value of investments and the income from them can go down and up, and you may not get back as much as you paid in. Past performance is not a guide to the future.
- Exchange rate changes may cause the value of underlying overseas investments to go down as well as up.
- External factors may cause an entire asset class to decline in value. Prices and values of all shares or all bonds could decline at the same time.
- This trust may utlilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
- This trust may also invest in smaller companies which may increase its risk profile.
In their words (as of 31 Dec 2017)
Committee Terms Of Reference
Reports and Accounts
- 2017 Annual Report
- 2017 Half Year Report
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2016 Half Year Report
- 2014/15 Half Year Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2012/13 Half Year Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2012 Half Year Report
- 2011 Annual Report
- 2011 Half Year Report
- 2010 Annual Report
- 2010 Half Year Report
- 2009 Annual Report
- 2009 Half Year Report
Find out more
For contact details and more information on our trust range use the following links:
This is a promotional page and as such the views contained herein are not to be taken as advice or recommendation to buy or sell any investment or interest thereto. Reliance upon information in this material is at the sole discretion of the reader. Any research on this page has been obtained and may have been acted upon by J.P. Morgan Asset Management for its own purpose. The results of such research are being made available as additional information and do not necessarily reflect the views of J.P. Morgan Asset Management. Any forecasts, figures, opinions, statements of financial market trends or investment techniques and strategies expressed are unless otherwise stated, J.P. Morgan Asset Management’s at the date of publishing. They are considered to be reliable at the time of publishing, may not necessarily be all-inclusive and are not guaranteed as to accuracy. They may be subject to change without reference or notification to you.
It should be noted that the value of investments and the income from them may fluctuate in accordance with market conditions and taxation agreements and investors may not get back the full amount invested. Changes in exchange rates may have an adverse effect on the value, price or income of the products or underlying overseas investments. Past performance is not a reliable indicator to current and future results. There is no guarantee that any forecast made will come to pass. Furthermore, whilst it is the intention to achieve the investment objective of the investment products, there can be no assurance that those objectives will be met.
Investment is subject to documentation (Investor Disclosure Document, Key Features and Terms and Conditions), copies of which can be obtained free of charge from JPMorgan Asset Management Marketing Limited. Issued by JPMorgan Asset Management Marketing Limited which is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England No: 288553. Registered address: 25 Bank St, Canary Wharf, London E14 5JP.
*Morningstar Analyst rating as at 01 January 2018.
*FE Crown rating as at 01 January 2018.
Source: Morningstar (www.morningstar.co.uk)
Morningstar Ratings™: © 2017 Morningstar. All rights reserved.
FE Crown Fund Ratings © 2017 FE. All rights reserved.
Moneyfacts award as at: 17 November 2017. ©2017 Moneyfacts Group plc. All Rights Reserved.