JPMORGAN INDIAN INVESTMENT TRUST PLC
A vibrant addition to any portfolio
As the largest investment trust to focus purely on Indian companies, JPMorgan Indian Investment Trust plc provides expertly managed exposure to the long-term growth potential of the Indian market.
Why invest in Emerging Markets?
Emily Whiting, Client Portfolio Manager, discusses the opportunities and challenges of investing in Emerging Markets.
Some of the themes discussed include:
- How the rise of technology, frontier markets and consumerism is changing the emerging markets
- Finding the right emerging market opportunities
- What happens when an emerging market emerges
About this trust
- The largest Indian investment trust*, managed by a highly-experienced team
- Invests in the long-term growth potential of India, boosted by a growing middle class and young population
- Provides exposure to a market that can be difficult to access through a growth-orientated portfolio of Indian equities
Investment objective and policies
Aims to provide capital growth from Indian investments by outperforming the MSCI India Index. The company will invest in a diversified portfolio of quoted Indian companies and companies that earn a material part of their revenues from India. The company will not invest in other countries of the Indian sub continent including Sri Lanka. The company has the ability to use borrowing to gear the portfolio to up to 15% of net assets where appropriate.
Points to consider
- The value of investments and the income from them can go down and up, and you may not get back as much as you paid in. Past performance is not a guide to the future.
- Exchange rate changes may cause the value of underlying overseas investments to go down as well as up.
- Investments in emerging markets may involve a higher element of risk due to political and economic instability and underdeveloped markets and systems. Shares may also be traded less frequently than those on established markets. This means that there may be difficulty in both buying and selling shares and individual share prices may be subject to short-term price fluctuations.
- External factors may cause an entire asset class to decline in value. Prices and values of all shares or all bonds could decline at the same time.
- This trust may utlilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
- This trust may also invest in smaller companies which may increase its risk profile.
In their words (as of 31 May 2018)
Committee Terms Of Reference
Reports and Accounts
- 2017/18 half year report
- 2017 Annual Report
- 2016/17 half year report
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2015/16 Half Year Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2014/15 Half Year Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2013/14 Half Year Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2013 Half Year Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2012 Half Year Report
- 2011 Annual Report
- 2011 Half Year Report
- 2010 Annual Report
- 2010 Half Year Report
- 2009 Annual Report
- 2009 Half Year Report
How to buy this trust
Buy from a third party provider
J.P. Morgan investment trusts and funds are available via a range of third party providers.
Third party providers
Buy from a professional adviser
Professional advisers are usually able to access the products of all the companies in the market and can help you find an investment that suits your individual circumstances. A financial adviser will let you know the fee for their service before you go ahead.
Investment is subject to documentation. The Investor Disclosure Document, and Key Features / Terms & Conditions can be obtained free of charge from JPMorgan Asset Management (UK) Limited, and the Key Information Document can be obtained from JPMorgan Funds Limited or www.jpmam.co.uk/investmenttrust. This communication is issued by JPMorgan Asset Management (UK) Limited, which is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England No: 01161446. Registered address: 25 Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London E14 5JP.
FE Crown rating as at 01 July 2018.
Source: Morningstar (www.morningstar.co.uk)
Morningstar Ratings™: © 2018 Morningstar. All rights reserved.
FE Crown Fund Ratings © 2018 FE. All rights reserved.
Moneyfacts award as at: 17 November 2017. ©2017 Moneyfacts Group plc. All Rights Reserved.
© 2017 citywire.co.uk. All Rights Reserved.
Moneywise Investment Trust awards as at: 28 March 2018. Moneywise Publishing Ltd ©2018. All Rights Reserved.
*Source: Association of Investment Companies, April 2018