JPMORGAN GLOBAL EMERGING MARKETS INCOME TRUST PLC
Take a closer look at emerging markets
The only investment trust which provides investors with a dividend income combined with the potential for long-term capital growth from investing in a diversified portfolio of emerging markets investments.
Why invest in Emerging Markets?
Emily Whiting, Client Portfolio Manager, discusses the opportunities and challenges of investing in Emerging Markets.
Some of the themes discussed include:
- How the rise of technology, frontier markets and consumerism is changing the emerging markets
- Finding the right emerging market opportunities
- What happens when an emerging market emerges
About this trust
Investment objective and policies
Aims to provide a dividend income, together with the potential for long-term capital growth from Emerging Markets investments by outperformance of the MSCI Emerging Markets Index. The company will predominantly invest in quoted companies although, where appropriate, it may invest in other types of securities. The company has the ability to use borrowing to gear the portfolio to up to 20% of net assets where appropriate.
- Investment objective to deliver a combination of capital growth and a diversified source of income.
- The Company predominantly invests in listed equities but has the flexibility to invest in other types of investment, including, but not limited to, unlisted equities, convertible securities, preference shares, debt securities, cash and cash equivalents.
- The Company is free to invest in any particular market, sector or country in the Global Emerging Markets universe.
The value of investments and the income from them can go down and up, and you may not get back as much as you paid in. Past performance is not a guide to the future.
For further risks associated with this trust please refer to the 'Risks' section below.
Points to consider
- Exchange rate changes may cause the value of underlying overseas investments to go down as well as up.
- Investments in emerging markets may involve a higher element of risk due to political and economic instability and underdeveloped markets and systems. Shares may also be traded less frequently than those on established markets. This means that there may be difficulty in both buying and selling shares and individual share prices may be subject to short-term price fluctuations.
- This trust may invest in non investment grade bonds which increases the capital risk and have an adverse effect on the performance of funds which invest in them.
- Where permitted, a trust may invest in other investment trusts that utilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
- For income funds/shares - Dividend income is not guaranteed and will fluctuate.
- Investing in high yielding stocks may involve a higher degree of risk as high yields are not guaranteed and will fluctuate.
- External factors may cause an entire asset class to decline in value. Prices and values of all shares or all bonds could decline at the same time.
- This trust may utlilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
- This trust may also invest in smaller companies which may increase its risk profile.
Board of Directors
In their words (as of 30 Nov 2017)
Committee Terms Of Reference
Reports and Accounts
Find out more
For contact details and more information on our trust range use the following links:
This is a promotional page and as such the views contained herein are not to be taken as advice or recommendation to buy or sell any investment or interest thereto. Reliance upon information in this material is at the sole discretion of the reader. Any research on this page has been obtained and may have been acted upon by J.P. Morgan Asset Management for its own purpose. The results of such research are being made available as additional information and do not necessarily reflect the views of J.P. Morgan Asset Management. Any forecasts, figures, opinions, statements of financial market trends or investment techniques and strategies expressed are unless otherwise stated, J.P. Morgan Asset Management’s at the date of publishing. They are considered to be reliable at the time of publishing, may not necessarily be all-inclusive and are not guaranteed as to accuracy. They may be subject to change without reference or notification to you.
It should be noted that the value of investments and the income from them may fluctuate in accordance with market conditions and taxation agreements and investors may not get back the full amount invested. Changes in exchange rates may have an adverse effect on the value, price or income of the products or underlying overseas investments. Past performance is not a reliable indicator to current and future results. There is no guarantee that any forecast made will come to pass. Furthermore, whilst it is the intention to achieve the investment objective of the investment products, there can be no assurance that those objectives will be met.
Investment is subject to documentation (Investor Disclosure Document, Key Features and Terms and Conditions), copies of which can be obtained free of charge from JPMorgan Asset Management Marketing Limited. Issued by JPMorgan Asset Management Marketing Limited which is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England No: 288553. Registered address: 25 Bank St, Canary Wharf, London E14 5JP.
Source: Morningstar (www.morningstar.co.uk)
Morningstar Ratings™: © 2017 Morningstar. All rights reserved.
Moneyfacts award as at: 17 October 2017. ©2017 Moneyfacts Group plc. All Rights Reserved.