JPMORGAN GLOBAL EMERGING MARKETS INCOME TRUST PLC
Take a closer look at emerging markets
JPMorgan Global Emerging Markets Income Investment Trust plc provides a diversified income-oriented way to tap into the growth potential of global emerging markets.
Why invest in Emerging Markets?
Emily Whiting, Client Portfolio Manager, discusses the opportunities and challenges of investing in Emerging Markets.
Some of the themes discussed include:
- How the rise of technology, frontier markets and consumerism is changing the emerging markets
- Finding the right emerging market opportunities
- What happens when an emerging market emerges
About this trust
- Extensive network of country and sector specialists from one of the longest established emerging market teams in the industry
- Focused on finding sustainable businesses that have good dividend growth prospects
- Provides a lower risk way to access emerging markets, by investing in stable companies with regular income and good governance structures
Investment objective and policies
Aims to provide a dividend income, together with the potential for long-term capital growth from Emerging Markets investments by outperformance of the MSCI Emerging Markets Index. The company will predominantly invest in quoted companies although, where appropriate, it may invest in other types of securities. The company has the ability to use borrowing to gear the portfolio to up to 20% of net assets where appropriate.
Points to consider
- The value of investments and the income from them can go down and up, and you may not get back as much as you paid in. Past performance is not a guide to the future.
- Exchange rate changes may cause the value of underlying overseas investments to go down as well as up.
- Investments in emerging markets may involve a higher element of risk due to political and economic instability and underdeveloped markets and systems. Shares may also be traded less frequently than those on established markets. This means that there may be difficulty in both buying and selling shares and individual share prices may be subject to short-term price fluctuations.
- This trust may invest in non investment grade bonds which increases the capital risk and have an adverse effect on the performance of funds which invest in them.
- Where permitted, a trust may invest in other investment trusts that utilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
- For income funds/shares - Dividend income is not guaranteed and will fluctuate.
- Investing in high yielding stocks may involve a higher degree of risk as high yields are not guaranteed and will fluctuate.
- External factors may cause an entire asset class to decline in value. Prices and values of all shares or all bonds could decline at the same time.
- This trust may utlilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
- This trust may also invest in smaller companies which may increase its risk profile.
In their words (as of 31 May 2018)
Committee Terms Of Reference
Reports and Accounts
- 2017/18 Half Year Report
- 2017 Annual Report
- 2016/17 Half Year Report
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2015/16 Half Year Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2014/15 Half Year Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2013/14 Half Year Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2012/13 Half Year Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2011/12 Half Year Report
- 2011 Annual Report
How to buy this trust
Buy from a third party provider
J.P. Morgan investment trusts and funds are available via a range of third party providers.
Third party providers
Buy from a professional adviser
Professional advisers are usually able to access the products of all the companies in the market and can help you find an investment that suits your individual circumstances. A financial adviser will let you know the fee for their service before you go ahead.
Investment is subject to documentation. The Investor Disclosure Document, and Key Features / Terms & Conditions can be obtained free of charge from JPMorgan Asset Management (UK) Limited, and the Key Information Document can be obtained from JPMorgan Funds Limited or www.jpmam.co.uk/investmenttrust. This communication is issued by JPMorgan Asset Management (UK) Limited, which is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England No: 01161446. Registered address: 25 Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London E14 5JP.
Source: Morningstar (www.morningstar.co.uk)
Morningstar Ratings™: © 2018 Morningstar. All rights reserved.
Moneyfacts award as at: 17 October 2017. ©2017 Moneyfacts Group plc. All Rights Reserved.
Moneywise Investment Trust awards as at: 28 March 2018. Moneywise Publishing Ltd ©2018. All Rights Reserved.