JPMORGAN EMERGING MARKETS INVESTMENT TRUST PLC
We see the overseas opportunities others may miss
JPMorgan Emerging Markets Investment Trust plc seeks to uncover quality stocks from across emerging markets that are also attractively valued, benefiting from an extensive network of country and sector specialists from one of the longest established emerging market teams in the industry.
Over twenty years in emerging markets
Austin Forey, Fund Manager of JPMorgan Emerging Markets Investment Trust plc discusses emerging market opportunities, challenges and his experience of investing in the region.
- How investor perception of the emerging markets is changing
- How to make the right emerging markets stock selections
- Why UK investors should consider the emerging markets
About this trust
- Extensive network of country and sector specialists from one of the longest established emerging market teams in the industry
- Focused on finding quality stocks from across emerging markets
- High conviction and low stock turnover has delivered a strong long-term track record
Investment objective and policies
This Trust aims to achieve total return from Emerging Markets worldwide and provides investors with a diversified portfolio of shares in countries and sectors we believe offer the most attractive opportunities for growth. The Company can hold up to 10% cash or utilise gearing of up to 20% of net assets where appropriate.
Points to consider
- The value of investments and the income from them can go down and up, and you may not get back as much as you paid in. Past performance is not a guide to the future.
- Exchange rate changes may cause the value of underlying overseas investments to go down as well as up.
- Investments in emerging markets may involve a higher element of risk due to political and economic instability and underdeveloped markets and systems. Shares may also be traded less frequently than those on established markets. This means that there may be difficulty in both buying and selling shares and individual share prices may be subject to short-term price fluctuations.
- This trust may invest in non investment grade bonds, which increases the capital risk and may have an adverse effect on the performance of funds which invest in them.
- Where permitted, a trust may invest in other investment trusts that utilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
- External factors may cause an entire asset class to decline in value. Prices and values of all shares or all bonds could decline at the same time.
- This trust may utlilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
- This trust may also invest in smaller companies which may increase its risk profile.
In their words (as of 30 Apr 2018)
Committee Terms Of Reference
Reports and Accounts
- 2017/2018 Half Year Report
- 2017 Annual report
- 2016/17 Half Year Report
- 2016 Annual report
- 2015/16 Half Year Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2014/15 Half Year Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2013/14 Half Year Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2012/13 Half Year Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2011/12 Half Year Report
- 2011 Annual Report
- 2010 Half Year Report
- 2010 Annual Report
- 2009 Half Year Report
- 2009 Annual Report
How to buy this trust
Buy from a third party provider
J.P. Morgan investment trusts and funds are available via a range of third party providers.
Third party providers
Buy from a professional adviser
Professional advisers are usually able to access the products of all the companies in the market and can help you find an investment that suits your individual circumstances. A financial adviser will let you know the fee for their service before you go ahead.
Investment is subject to documentation. The Investor Disclosure Document, and Key Features / Terms & Conditions can be obtained free of charge from JPMorgan Asset Management (UK) Limited, and the Key Information Document can be obtained from JPMorgan Funds Limited or www.jpmam.co.uk/investmenttrust. This communication is issued by JPMorgan Asset Management (UK) Limited, which is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England No: 01161446. Registered address: 25 Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London E14 5JP.
*Morningstar Analyst rating, FE crown rating as at 01 April 2018.
Source: Morningstar (www.morningstar.co.uk)
Morningstar Ratings™: © 2018 Morningstar. All rights reserved.
Moneyfacts award as at: 17 November 2017. ©2017 Moneyfacts Group plc. All Rights Reserved.
Moneywise Investment Trust awards as at: 28 March 2018. Moneywise Publishing Ltd ©2018. All Rights Reserved.