JPMORGAN EMERGING MARKETS INVESTMENT TRUST PLC
We see the overseas opportunities others may miss
JPMorgan Emerging Markets Investment Trust plc provides investors with access to some of the world’s most attractive investment opportunities, benefiting from the considerable experience and local knowledge of one of the longest established emerging market teams in the industry.
Over twenty years in emerging markets
Austin Forey, Fund Manager of JPMorgan Emerging Markets Investment Trust plc discusses emerging market opportunities, challenges and his experience of investing in the region.
- How investor perception of the emerging markets is changing
- How to make the right emerging markets stock selections
- Why UK investors should consider the emerging markets
About this trust
Investment objective and policies
This Trust aims to achieve total return from Emerging Markets worldwide and provides investors with a diversified portfolio of shares in countries and sectors we believe offer the most attractive opportunities for growth. The Company can hold up to 10% cash or utilise gearing of up to 20% of net assets where appropriate.
- Draws on a global network of 40 emerging market specialists across Asia, Latin America, Eastern Europe and Africa.
- Disciplined approach to portfolio construction to maximise growth potential.
- Concentrated portfolio of 50-75 stocks focuses on best ideas.
- Aims to achieve strong long-term out performance against benchmark through both macro market selection and rigorous stock selection.
- The value of investments and the income from them can go down and up, and you may not get back as much as you paid in. Past performance is not a guide to the future.
- For further risks associated with this trust please refer to the 'Risks' section below.
Points to consider
- Exchange rate changes may cause the value of underlying overseas investments to go down as well as up.
- Investments in emerging markets may involve a higher element of risk due to political and economic instability and underdeveloped markets and systems. Shares may also be traded less frequently than those on established markets. This means that there may be difficulty in both buying and selling shares and individual share prices may be subject to short-term price fluctuations.
- This trust may invest in non investment grade bonds, which increases the capital risk and may have an adverse effect on the performance of funds which invest in them.
- Where permitted, a trust may invest in other investment trusts that utilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
- External factors may cause an entire asset class to decline in value. Prices and values of all shares or all bonds could decline at the same time.
- This trust may utlilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
- This trust may also invest in smaller companies which may increase its risk profile.
Board of Directors
In their words (as of 31 Oct 2017)
Annual General Meeting
Reports and Accounts
- 2017 Annual report
- 2016/17 Half Year Report
- 2016 Annual report
- 2015/16 Half Year Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2014/15 Half Year Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2013/14 Half Year Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2012/13 Half Year Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2011/12 Half Year Report
- 2011 Annual Report
- 2010 Half Year Report
- 2010 Annual Report
- 2009 Half Year Report
- 2009 Annual Report
Find out more
For contact details and more information on our trust range use the following links:
This is a promotional page and as such the views contained herein are not to be taken as advice or recommendation to buy or sell any investment or interest thereto. Reliance upon information in this material is at the sole discretion of the reader. Any research on this page has been obtained and may have been acted upon by J.P. Morgan Asset Management for its own purpose. The results of such research are being made available as additional information and do not necessarily reflect the views of J.P. Morgan Asset Management. Any forecasts, figures, opinions, statements of financial market trends or investment techniques and strategies expressed are unless otherwise stated, J.P. Morgan Asset Management’s at the date of publishing. They are considered to be reliable at the time of publishing, may not necessarily be all-inclusive and are not guaranteed as to accuracy. They may be subject to change without reference or notification to you.
It should be noted that the value of investments and the income from them may fluctuate in accordance with market conditions and taxation agreements and investors may not get back the full amount invested. Changes in exchange rates may have an adverse effect on the value, price or income of the products or underlying overseas investments. Past performance is not a reliable indicator to current and future results. There is no guarantee that any forecast made will come to pass. Furthermore, whilst it is the intention to achieve the investment objective of the investment products, there can be no assurance that those objectives will be met.
Investment is subject to documentation (Investor Disclosure Document, Key Features and Terms and Conditions), copies of which can be obtained free of charge from JPMorgan Asset Management Marketing Limited. Issued by JPMorgan Asset Management Marketing Limited which is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England No: 288553. Registered address: 25 Bank St, Canary Wharf, London E14 5JP.
*Morningstar Analyst rating, FE crown rating as at 01 November 2017.
Source: Morningstar (www.morningstar.co.uk)
Morningstar Ratings™: © 2017 Morningstar. All rights reserved.
Moneyfacts award as at: 17 November 2017. ©2017 Moneyfacts Group plc. All Rights Reserved.