JPMORGAN BRAZIL INVESTMENT TRUST PLC
Casting light on Brazilian opportunities
This is the only trust that specifically targets Brazilian companies with a focus on medium and small company opportunities, making it particularly well placed to benefit from domestically sourced growth, as Brazil develops into one of the world's largest economies.
About this trust
Investment objective and policies
- One of the only available closed ended routes open to UK investors to invest in the Brazilian market.
- Access to the world's 7th largest economy*.
- Rising domestic investment as Brazil plays host to the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympic Games.
- A transformed economy – 36 million new members of the middle class in the last decade driving domestic consumption and growth**.
- The Company will measure its performance against the MSCI Brazil 10/40 Index (in Sterling).
**Brazilian Government Study November 2012, second issue of the 'Voices of the Middle Class' series."
- The value of investments and the income from them can go down and up, and you may not get back as much as you paid in. Past performance is not a guide to the future.
- For further risks associated with this trust please refer to the 'Risks' section below.
Points to consider
- Exchange rate changes may cause the value of underlying overseas investments to go down as well as up.
- Investments in emerging markets may involve a higher element of risk due to political and economic instability and underdeveloped markets and systems. Shares may also be traded less frequently than those on established markets. This means that there may be difficulty in both buying and selling shares and individual share prices may be subject to short-term price fluctuations.
- External factors may cause an entire asset class to decline in value. Prices and values of all shares or all bonds could decline at the same time.
- This trust may utlilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
- This trust may also invest in smaller companies which may increase its risk profile.
In their words (as of )
Committee Terms Of Reference
Annual General Meeting
Find out more
For contact details and more information on our trust range use the following links:
Annual General Meeting: 08 September 2017 2.00pm, 60 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0JP