JPMORGAN BRAZIL INVESTMENT TRUST PLC
Casting light on Brazilian opportunities
This is the only trust that specifically targets Brazilian companies with a focus on medium and small company opportunities, making it particularly well placed to benefit from domestically sourced growth, as Brazil develops into one of the world's largest economies.
Why invest in Emerging Markets?
Emily Whiting, Client Portfolio Manager, discusses the opportunities and challenges of investing in Emerging Markets.
Some of the themes discussed include:
- How the rise of technology, frontier markets and consumerism is changing the emerging markets
- Finding the right emerging market opportunities
- What happens when an emerging market emerges
About this trust
Investment objective and policies
- One of the only available closed ended routes open to UK investors to invest in the Brazilian market.
- Access to the world's 7th largest economy*.
- A transformed economy – 36 million new members of the middle class in the last decade driving domestic consumption and growth**.
- The Company will measure its performance against the MSCI Brazil 10/40 Index (in Sterling).
**Brazilian Government Study November 2012, second issue of the 'Voices of the Middle Class' series."
- The value of investments and the income from them can go down and up, and you may not get back as much as you paid in. Past performance is not a guide to the future.
- For further risks associated with this trust please refer to the 'Risks' section below.
Points to consider
- Exchange rate changes may cause the value of underlying overseas investments to go down as well as up.
- Investments in emerging markets may involve a higher element of risk due to political and economic instability and underdeveloped markets and systems. Shares may also be traded less frequently than those on established markets. This means that there may be difficulty in both buying and selling shares and individual share prices may be subject to short-term price fluctuations.
- External factors may cause an entire asset class to decline in value. Prices and values of all shares or all bonds could decline at the same time.
- This trust may utlilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
- This trust may also invest in smaller companies which may increase its risk profile.
In their words (as of 31 Oct 2017)
- Full portfolio listing as at close of business as at 31 October 2017
- Investor Disclosure Document
- Investment Trust Profiles
- Monthly Factsheet
- LSE Trust Announcements
- Circular - 10 February 2017
- LSE Announcement containing inside information. Released on 19 January 2017.
- AIFMD Remuneration Disclosure
Committee Terms Of Reference
Annual General Meeting
Find out more
For contact details and more information on our trust range use the following links:
This is a promotional page and as such the views contained herein are not to be taken as advice or recommendation to buy or sell any investment or interest thereto. Reliance upon information in this material is at the sole discretion of the reader. Any research on this page has been obtained and may have been acted upon by J.P. Morgan Asset Management for its own purpose. The results of such research are being made available as additional information and do not necessarily reflect the views of J.P. Morgan Asset Management. Any forecasts, figures, opinions, statements of financial market trends or investment techniques and strategies expressed are unless otherwise stated, J.P. Morgan Asset Management’s at the date of publishing. They are considered to be reliable at the time of publishing, may not necessarily be all-inclusive and are not guaranteed as to accuracy. They may be subject to change without reference or notification to you.
It should be noted that the value of investments and the income from them may fluctuate in accordance with market conditions and taxation agreements and investors may not get back the full amount invested. Changes in exchange rates may have an adverse effect on the value, price or income of the products or underlying overseas investments. Past performance is not a reliable indicator to current and future results. There is no guarantee that any forecast made will come to pass. Furthermore, whilst it is the intention to achieve the investment objective of the investment products, there can be no assurance that those objectives will be met.
Investment is subject to documentation (Investor Disclosure Document, Key Features and Terms and Conditions), copies of which can be obtained free of charge from JPMorgan Asset Management Marketing Limited. Issued by JPMorgan Asset Management Marketing Limited which is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England No: 288553. Registered address: 25 Bank St, Canary Wharf, London E14 5JP.
Moneyfacts award as at: 17 October 2017. ©2017 Moneyfacts Group plc. All Rights Reserved.