About this trust
Investment objective and policies
Aims to provide capital growth from a diversified portfolio of around 50 to 80 companies quoted on the Asian stock markets, excluding Japan. The Company also has the ability to use gearing up to a maximum level of 20% of net assets to increase potential returns to shareholders.
- Diversified exposure across Asia-Pacific markets excluding Japan.
- Access to a highly-respected investment team that uses an investment process specifically developed for Asian stock markets.
- Looks to outperform its benchmark through both stock selection and country allocation.
- Actively manages gearing to enhance potential returns.
- The value of investments and the income from them can go down and up, and you may not get back as much as you paid in. Past performance is not a guide to the future.
- For further risks associated with this trust please refer to the 'Risks' section below.
Points to consider
- Exchange rate changes may cause the value of underlying overseas investments to go down as well as up.
- Investments in emerging markets may involve a higher element of risk due to political and economic instability and underdeveloped markets and systems. Shares may also be traded less frequently than those on established markets. This means that there may be difficulty in both buying and selling shares and individual share prices may be subject to short-term price fluctuations.
- This fund may use derivatives for investment purposes or for efficient portfolio management.
- External factors may cause an entire asset class to decline in value. Prices and values of all shares or all bonds could decline at the same time.
- This trust may utlilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
- This trust may also invest in smaller companies which may increase its risk profile.
Performance widget loading ...
Fees widget loading ...
Portfolio widget loading ...
In their words (as of )
The Company's share price outperformed the benchmark in December, while the net asset value underperformed. Stock selection in the North Asian markets detracted from performance, while asset allocation was neutral. Insurance names, such as AIA in Hong Kong and Ping An Insurance in China, fell as fears of capital outflows and other news on the sustainability of the financial system weighed on the share prices. KEPCO in Korea fell over the month on back of the rally in oil prices and potential negative legislation as regards the company's fuel mix. Himax Technologies in Taiwan fell as Microsoft pushed back its product launch schedule of HoloLens. China Resources Phoenix Healthcare underperformed on short-term policy uncertainty, as the Beijing government is looking to fully implement the zero mark-up policy on drug sales in public hospitals in 2017 and some of Phoenix's hospitals might be affected.
Committee Terms Of Reference
Annual General Meeting
Reports and Accounts
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2016 Half Year Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2015 Half Year Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2014 Half Year Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2013 Half Year Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2012 Half Year Report
- 2011 Annual Report
- 2011 Half Year Report
- 2010 Annual Report
- 2010 Half Year Report
- 2009 Annual Report
- 2009 Half Year Report
Find out more
For contact details and more information on our trust range use the following links:
Annual General Meeting: 02 February 2017 12.00pm at 60 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0JP.
Benchmark Source: MSCI. Neither MSCI nor any other party involved in or related to compiling, computing or creating the MSCI data makes any express of implied warranties or representations with respect to such data (or the results to be obtained by the use thereof), and all such parties hereby expressly disclaim all warranties of originality, accuracy, completeness, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose with respect to any of such data. Without limiting any of the foregoing, in no event shall MSCI, any of its affiliates or any third party involved in or related to compiling computing or creating the data have any liability for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, consequential or any other damages (including lost profits) even if notified of the possibility of such damages. No further distribution or dissemination of the MSCI data is permitted without MSCI's express written consent.
3 Actual gearing: Represents the excess amount above shareholders' funds of total assets less cash/cash equivalents, expressed as a percentage of shareholders funds. If the amount calculated is negative, this represents a net cash position.
7 Non-Benchmark holdings (where held) are classified in the appropriate sector/region. Cash is net current assets and holdings used as cash substitutes if applicable.