JPMORGAN ASIAN INVESTMENT TRUST PLC
Delivering income without compromising growth
Managed by our locally based team of investment experts, the JPMorgan Asian Investment Trust plc provides broad access to Asia’s fast growing markets and benefits from our long experience in the region. The Trust has an innovative distribution policy that offers regular predictable quarterly income distributions of 1% of its net asset value per quarter, set by reference to the net asset value on the last business day of each financial quarter.
About this trust
Investment objective and policies
- Diversified exposure across Asia-Pacific markets excluding Japan.
- Innovative distribution policy set to provide a compounded yield in excess of 4% of NAV per annum, made up of four quarterly dividend payments of 1% of net asset value.
- Access to a highly-respected investment team that uses an investment process specifically developed for Asian stock markets.
- Looks to outperform its benchmark through both stock selection and country allocation.
- Actively manages gearing to enhance potential returns.
- The value of investments and the income from them can go down and up, and you may not get back as much as you paid in. Past performance is not a guide to the future.
- For further risks associated with this trust please refer to the 'Risks' section below.
Points to consider
- Exchange rate changes may cause the value of underlying overseas investments to go down as well as up.
- Investments in emerging markets may involve a higher element of risk due to political and economic instability and underdeveloped markets and systems. Shares may also be traded less frequently than those on established markets. This means that there may be difficulty in both buying and selling shares and individual share prices may be subject to short-term price fluctuations.
- This fund may use derivatives for investment purposes or for efficient portfolio management.
- External factors may cause an entire asset class to decline in value. Prices and values of all shares or all bonds could decline at the same time.
- This trust may utlilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
- This trust may also invest in smaller companies which may increase its risk profile.
In their words (as of 31 Jul 2017)
The gains from asset allocation came from the underweight position in Malaysia, while the overweight in Indonesia detracted.
Stock selection in Korea was the most significant contributor. KEPCO rebounded on valuation merit, while S-Oil rose on the oil price rally. In China, Brilliance performed well on the back of new BMW launches, while Ping An benefited from the improved regulatory and macro backdrop, and JD.com and Tencent from the continued strong performance of internet names.
On the negative side, not owning Baidu hurt as the stock rose sharply on better than expected earnings and guidance. KBank in Thailand underperformed due to lingering asset quality issues, and Astra International in Indonesia fell on the back of poor results in the auto segment, with increasing concerns over market share loss and margin pressure.
Committee Terms Of Reference
Annual General Meeting
Reports and Accounts
- 2017 Half Year Report
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2016 Half Year Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2015 Half Year Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2014 Half Year Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2013 Half Year Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2012 Half Year Report
- 2011 Annual Report
- 2011 Half Year Report
- 2010 Annual Report
- 2010 Half Year Report
- 2009 Annual Report
- 2009 Half Year Report
Find out more
For contact details and more information on our trust range use the following links:
Annual General Meeting: 02 February 2017 12.00pm at 60 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0JP.
This is a promotional page and as such the views contained herein are not to be taken as advice or recommendation to buy or sell any investment or interest thereto. Reliance upon information in this material is at the sole discretion of the reader. Any research on this page has been obtained and may have been acted upon by J.P. Morgan Asset Management for its own purpose. The results of such research are being made available as additional information and do not necessarily reflect the views of J.P. Morgan Asset Management. Any forecasts, figures, opinions, statements of financial market trends or investment techniques and strategies expressed are unless otherwise stated, J.P. Morgan Asset Management’s at the date of publishing. They are considered to be reliable at the time of publishing, may not necessarily be all-inclusive and are not guaranteed as to accuracy. They may be subject to change without reference or notification to you.
It should be noted that the value of investments and the income from them may fluctuate in accordance with market conditions and taxation agreements and investors may not get back the full amount invested. Changes in exchange rates may have an adverse effect on the value, price or income of the products or underlying overseas investments. Past performance is not a reliable indicator to current and future results. There is no guarantee that any forecast made will come to pass. Furthermore, whilst it is the intention to achieve the investment objective of the investment products, there can be no assurance that those objectives will be met.
Investment is subject to documentation (Investor Disclosure Document, Key Features and Terms and Conditions), copies of which can be obtained free of charge from JPMorgan Asset Management Marketing Limited. Issued by JPMorgan Asset Management Marketing Limited which is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England No: 288553. Registered address: 25 Bank St, Canary Wharf, London E14 5JP.
*FE Crown rating as at 01 August 2017.
FE Crown Fund Ratings © 2017 FE. All rights reserved.