JPMORGAN AMERICAN INVESTMENT TRUST PLC
A local knows the best route
Managed by our locally based team of investment experts, the JPMorgan American Investment Trust plc is a large, actively managed investment trust which aims to find high quality stocks in the core U.S. market.
About this trust
Investment objective and policies
- Broadly-diversified strategy with separate portfolios dedicated to large and smaller companies exposure.
- Actively-managed gearing to enhance shareholder returns.
Strong focus on fundamental research to select the most compelling investment ideas for inclusion in the portfolio.
- The value of investments and the income from them can go down and up, and you may not get back as much as you paid in. Past performance is not a guide to the future.
- For further risks associated with this trust please refer to the 'Risks' section below.
Points to consider
- Exchange rate changes may cause the value of underlying overseas investments to go down as well as up.
- External factors may cause an entire asset class to decline in value. Prices and values of all shares or all bonds could decline at the same time.
- This trust may utlilise gearing (borrowing) which will exaggerate market movements both up and down.
- This trust may also invest in smaller companies which may increase its risk profile.
In their words (as of 31 Jul 2017)
Our stock selection in the information technology and consumer discretionary sectors weighed on returns. Within information technology, our lack of exposure to Facebook was the largest detractor as the company reported a solid second quarter, with users, revenue and earnings outperforming expectations. Among individual names, our overweight in the healthcare name Humana also detracted from relative performance. On the other hand, our stock selection in the healthcare and financials sectors contributed to relative returns. Within healthcare, our overweight position in Gilead Sciences was the top contributor. At the security level, our overweight in the information technology name Microsoft also added value as the company reported a solid quarter, with positive revenue and earnings driven by its commercial business (Azure, Office, Dynamics).
- Full portfolio listing as at close of business as at 31 July 2017
- LSE Announcement Containing Inside Information - Fee Arrangements (26th June 2017)
- Investment Trust Profiles
- Monthly Factsheet
- Investor Disclosure Document
- Stock Split Information - May 2014
- LSE Trust Announcements
- AIFMD Leverage and Remuneration Disclosure
Committee Terms Of Reference
Annual General Meeting
Reports and Accounts
- 2017 Half Year Report
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2016 Half Year Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2015 Half Year Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2014 Half Year Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2013 Half Year Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2012 Half Year Report
- 2011 Annual Report
- 2011 Half Year Report
- 2010 Annual Report
- 2010 Half Year Report
- 2009 Annual Report
- 2009 Half Year Report
Find out more
For contact details and more information on our trust range use the following links:
Annual General Meeting: 11 May 2017 2.30pm at 60 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0JP
This is a promotional page and as such the views contained herein are not to be taken as advice or recommendation to buy or sell any investment or interest thereto. Reliance upon information in this material is at the sole discretion of the reader. Any research on this page has been obtained and may have been acted upon by J.P. Morgan Asset Management for its own purpose. The results of such research are being made available as additional information and do not necessarily reflect the views of J.P. Morgan Asset Management. Any forecasts, figures, opinions, statements of financial market trends or investment techniques and strategies expressed are unless otherwise stated, J.P. Morgan Asset Management’s at the date of publishing. They are considered to be reliable at the time of publishing, may not necessarily be all-inclusive and are not guaranteed as to accuracy. They may be subject to change without reference or notification to you.
It should be noted that the value of investments and the income from them may fluctuate in accordance with market conditions and taxation agreements and investors may not get back the full amount invested. Changes in exchange rates may have an adverse effect on the value, price or income of the products or underlying overseas investments. Past performance is not a reliable indicator to current and future results. There is no guarantee that any forecast made will come to pass. Furthermore, whilst it is the intention to achieve the investment objective of the investment products, there can be no assurance that those objectives will be met.
Investment is subject to documentation (Investor Disclosure Document, Key Features and Terms and Conditions), copies of which can be obtained free of charge from JPMorgan Asset Management Marketing Limited. Issued by JPMorgan Asset Management Marketing Limited which is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England No: 288553. Registered address: 25 Bank St, Canary Wharf, London E14 5JP.
*Morningstar Analyst rating, FE Crown rating, Rayner Spencer Mills rating, Square Mile Research rating, as at 01 August 2017.
Source: Morningstar (www.morningstar.co.uk)
Morningstar Ratings™: © 2017 Morningstar. All rights reserved.
FE Crown Fund Ratings © 2017 FE. All rights reserved.