Our refreshing difference can be your advantage
The investment process that powers our UK equity funds is focused only on the factors that drive long-term stock market performance. Whatever your UK portfolio challenge, we can offer a distinctive and refreshing solution.
FEATURED UK FUNDS
What is behavioural finance?
- An investment process based on the academically robust principle that market inefficiencies are a result of human behaviour
- A bespoke investment process that defines and measures specific behaviours
- Exploits the opportunities that arise from irrational decisions by others
Our process that ranks companies on three criteria
Why UK Equities?
UK valuations are relatively attractive
- UK equities are neither cheap nor expensive relative to their historical average price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio, but relative to government bonds the dividend yield available on UK equities looks attractive.
- UK earnings have plenty of room for recovery after their poor performance in recent years. As a result, the cyclically-adjusted P/E, which takes into account our position in the earnings cycle, leaves UK equities looking very cheap relative to their long-term average.
UK equities aren’t the UK economy
- UK-listed international exporters benefit from the fall in sterling.
- In a world where income is increasingly hard to come by, UK equities offer a very attractive dividend yield relative to other equity markets.
- Earnings expectations for UK-listed companies collapsed over the last five years, driven mainly by the fall in commodity prices. Earnings expectations are now rebounding, helped by a rise in commodity prices.
UK offers relatively attractive income
- In a world where income is still hard to come by, UK equities offer a very attractive dividend yield relative to other equity markets.