How we protect your privacy
1. Why does J.P. Morgan Asset Management need to collect personal information from me?
We will need to collect and process personal information from you to allow us to confirm your identity – for example, we may ask for your address, telephone number or bank account details when you open an account with us or if you apply for a product or for one of our investments.
Your personal information will mainly be used by us to administer your account, although we may use your personal information for other operational reasons (for example, to carry out statistical analysis or for fraud prevention). If you give us permission we may also use your personal information for marketing purposes.
We are committed to continually improving the service that we offer. To help provide training and guidance to our staff and to ensure we meet our legal and regulatory obligations, we may therefore also record and monitor electronic communications, including email and telephone calls.
2. How will my personal information be used for marketing purposes?
We may use your personal details to contact you, primarily by mail and email and also on occasion by telephone, so that we can provide you with information concerning products and services that may be of interest.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us you can opt out at any time by phoning us on 0800 20 40 20, writing to us at J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Client Administration Centre, 60 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0JP, or by electronically unsubscribing from emails we have sent to you.
3. Does J.P. Morgan Asset Management obtain personal information from third parties?
We may, in some circumstances, ask other companies or organisations to provide information on our clients. This could involve the services of a credit reference agency or other third parties acting as our agents in order to help us identify a client or confirming your address.
4. Will J.P. Morgan Asset Management share my personal information with any third parties?
- Financial advisers or any other party that you inform us about (if you no longer wish us to share your personal information with any such party, please let us know in writing).
- Organisations that are part of our group of companies.
- Regulators, governmental agencies, law enforcement agencies and any other person we reasonably think needs access to the data.
- Any person to whom we have a right or duty to disclose personal data. For example, financial institutions may be required to provide certain transaction information to authorities or other official bodies to assist in the prevention of terrorism, money laundering and other crimes.
- Credit reference agencies or other third parties acting as our agents in order to help us identify a client or confirming your address.
- Marketing analysis purposes.
If any part of our business is being purchased, personal data may be disclosed to actual or potential buyers as well as their respective advisers and insurers.
5. How secure is my personal data on your site?
All personal data that you provide to us will be treated with a high standard of security and confidentiality. Anti-fraud measures are used to protect your personal data (for example, bank details, passwords etc) used on our websites. We also encourage you to ensure that your computer is fully protected at all times when accessing your account.
Because we operate globally, personal data may be processed and disclosed in any country where we conduct business or have a service provider – including some countries that do not provide the same statutory level of data protection as the European Union’s Data Protection Directive. However in these circumstances we will strive to ensure the recipient agrees to keep your information confidential and that it is held securely in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Directive.
6. How can I find out about my personal data that is held by J.P. Morgan Asset Management?
You can ask for a copy of the personal information that J.P. Morgan Asset Management holds on you, by writing to us at J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Client Administration Centre, 60 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0JP. A fee may be chargeable for this information. If any personal data is found to be wrong, you have the right to ask us to amend or update the information that we hold.