We believe in a disciplined, value-driven approach to fixed income investment management. Central to our approach is bottom-up, fundamental analysis, which we use to identify sectors and securities that we believe are priced inefficiently. Our Core Bond strategy is structured to help meet the needs of investors seeking a diversified portfolio of investment grade fixed income securities, with no maturity restrictions.
Our investment strategy is predicated on the following:
- Adopt a longer-term investing versus a trading mentality.
- Sector allocation decisions are based on broad sector outlook, utilizing expected return and valuation analysis.
- Undervalued securities are identified through diligent research.
- Relative risk/reward relationships evaluated along the yield curve.
- Strategy emphasizes research and individual security analysis rather than large macro bets.
- Duration managed primarily as a risk control measure.
- Portfolios are well diversified and of high credit quality.
- Risk management, which is embedded throughout the process, seeks to limit downside risk relative to benchmark.